Here are some things that are making college a lot more affordable for me.
1. Do the first two years in community college before transferring to a university
2. Submit FAFSA every year
3. Buy textbooks online (e.g. Amazon)
4. Sell textbooks back to the school if they have a buyback program
5. Take web/blended courses where possible to reduce transportation costs and to accommodate work schedule
6. Get reimbursed for costs through income tax deductions and credits
7. Apply for scholarships
If you have any money-saving tips for college, please comment!